Below is given the essential information concerning the protection of personal data provided to Ages Tekstil Marketing, Industry and Trade Inc. (Ages Tekstil). Ages Tekstil hereby submits the following statements to the attention of our customers and third parties using our website, in order to fulfil its obligation for clarification as required by the Article #10 of the Privacy Act No. 6698 ("Privacy Act "). Ages Tekstil reserves the right to update the clarification text about this Privacy Act at any time within the framework of any amendments to be made in the current legislation.
Legal Reasons for Collection and Processing of Personal Data
The personal data of our customers are collected in accordance with various laws and regulations in order to provide and develop the products and services that we offer and to carry out our business operations. First of all, the principles of protection of personal data were determined based on the Privacy Act .
Besides, the Law No. 6563 on Regulation of Electronic Commerce includes the provisions on the protection of personal data. Penal sanctions are specified in some cases for the protection of personal data by virtue of the provisions of the Turkish Penal Code No. 5237.
Personal Data Collected
Our company may collect personal data for various purposes. Below are the details on how and in what way the personal data is collected.
Due to the nature of the business, our store collects some personal information about the members (such as name&surname, company information, phone, address and e-mail) a part of membership procedures or by means of various forms and questionnaires filled out at our stores.
Every now and then, our company may send campaign information, details about new products, promotional offers to its customers and members. Our members can decide whether or not to receive such information as they become a member, then this preference can be changed in the account details section once logging in as a member, or they can send a notice using the link available in the notification sent to them.
Our company records and uses the IP address of its members in order to quickly locate and resolve any system-related problems or disputes that may arise regarding the services offered. IP addresses can also be used to identify the users in a general way and to gather comprehensive demographic information.
Processing of Personal Data
As a data controller, Ages Tekstil can record, store, update, classify, process, disclose and transfer your personal information to third parties in cases and to the extent permitted by the legislation.
Kişisel Verilerin İşlenme Amacı Ages Tekstil does not share the e-mail addresses and other personal information of its customers' with any company other than our business partners in a way that will serve the purposes of their promotion, or otherwise rent or sale such information, without the consent of our customers.
Purpose of Processing Personal Data
Ages Tekstil processes personal data for the purposes set out in Article #5 of the Privacy Act and as listed below:
• Verifying the identity information of the person who shops/permits shopping on the website,
• Saving the address and other information necessary for communication,
• Preparing and fulfilling the orders placed by our customers,
• Contacting our customers about the terms and conditions, current status and updates of the contracts we have concluded under the relevant articles of the Laws on Distance Sales Contracts and the Protection of Consumers; delivering necessary information and fulfilling the obligations committed pursuant to such contracts,
• Issuing all records and documents that will form a basis for the transactions in electronic (internet/mobile, etc.) or printed,
• Submitting any information requested by public authorities on matters related to public safety and in accordance with the legislation,
• Offering our customers a better shopping experience, informing our customers about the products that our customers may be interested in by taking the interests of our customers into account, promoting the special offers,
• Improving customer satisfaction, identifying our customers who shop on the website and using them in customer environment analysis, utilizing them in various marketing and advertising activities and conducting questionnaires in electronic and/or physical environment through the contracted organizations in this context,
• Offering suggestions to our customers by our contracted organizations and solution partners, informing our customers about our services,
• Reviewing the customer complaints and suggestions about our services,
• Where necessary, informing about discounts, new products and stock status, etc. about the preferred brands and products,
• Fulfilling our legal obligations and exercising our rights arising from the applicable legislation.
In Article 6 of the Privacy Act, certain personal data that bear the risk of causing unjust treatment or discrimination of the person when processed unlawfully are specified as "sensitive". This data includes but not limited to the race, ethnicity, political opinion, philosophical belief, religion, sect or other beliefs, dressing style, membership to associations, foundations or trade unions, health, sexual life, criminal convictions and security measures as well as biometric and genetic data. Special categories of personal data are processed by our company in the following cases, provided that adequate measures to be determined by the Personal Data Protection Board (Board) are taken:
• Special categories of personal data other than the health and sexual life of the personal data owner can be processed in cases required by the law,
• Special categories of personal data related to the health and sexual life of the personal data owner can be processed by the persons or authorised bodies under confidentiality obligation, only for the purposes of the protection of public health, performance of preventive medicine, medical diagnosis, treatment and care services, planning and management of financing of healthcare services.
In the absence of the above-mentioned data processing requirements, express consent is obtained from the data owner for data processing by our company.
In order to deliver a better service to its visitors and within the framework of its legal obligations, Ages Tekstil will collect, process, share with third parties and securely store your browsing information, provided that it is not used for purposes and scope other than as specified in the statement text about the Protection of Personal Data.
Ages Tekstil stores the information it collects through the log files, blank gif files and/or third party sources, in order to form a summary of your preferences. Ages Tekstil can monitor your browsing information and/or your usage history on the website, in order to send special advertising, promotions and special marketing offers, improve the content of the website or mobile application to your liking and/or determine your preferences.
Ages Tekstil may match the information collected from you on the website in different ways and at different times, such as the information collected online and offline and may use this information together with information obtained from other sources such as third parties.
Persons or Institutions to Share the Processed Personal Data
Ages Tekstil shares the personal data of its customers with third parties within the framework of the consent of its customers. However, personal data is shared with the courts and other public institutions as required by and limited to our legal obligations. Besides, personal data is transferred to contracted third parties in order to provide the services we have undertaken and to perform the quality control of the services delivered.
Your personal data can be shared with the shareholders of Ages Tekstil, direct/indirect, domestic/foreign affiliates, program partner institutions and organizations with which we cooperate to carry out our operations, domestic/foreign persons and organizations we outsource to store the data in cloud environment and domestic/international institutions with whom we have an agreement to send commercial electronic mails to our customers, Interbank Card Center, the banks we have agreements, various domestic/abroad agencies, advertising companies and survey companies, and other domestic/foreign third parties and related business partners within the scope of various marketing activities in an effort to provide you with a better service and ensure customer satisfaction.
The Right to Opt Out of Miscellaneous Information
Our customers, who do not wish to receive information or other promotional and advertising materials via e-mail, can change these preferences on My Account page or send their requests via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, Slipstop.com.tr customers will be able to continue to receive information about the status of their orders and important membership transactions (e-mail and password change).
Rights of the Customer as Personal Data Owner Pursuant to Article #11 of the Privacy Act
We hereby remind you that you will have the following rights in accordance with Privacy Act;
• Getting to know about whether it is processed or not,
• Requesting information if it has been processed,
• Inquiring about the purpose of processing and whether it has been used in accordance with the intended purpose,
• Getting to know about the third parties to whom it has been transferred, domestically and abroad,
• Requesting correction if it has been processed incompletely or incorrectly,
• Requesting deletion/destruction within the framework of the conditions stipulated in Article #7 of the Privacy Act,
• Requesting notification of the transactions made in accordance with subparagraphs (d) and (e) above, to the third parties to whom it has been transferred,
• Objecting to a result that may arise against you because it has been analysed exclusively with automatic systems,
• Requesting any damage you may suffer if it has been processed in violation of the Privacy Act.
Since the following cases are excluded from the scope of Privacy Act in accordance with Article 28 of the Privacy Act, personal data owners cannot claim the above-mentioned rights in these matters:
• Processing of personal data for purposes such as official statistics as well as research, planning and statistics, provided that it is anonymized,
• Processing of personal data for art, history, literature or scientific purposes or within the scope of freedom of expression, provided that it does not violate national defence, national security, public security, public order, economic security, the right of privacy or personal rights or it does not constitute a crime,
• Processing of personal data within the scope of preventive, protective and intelligence activities carried out by public institutions and organizations authorized by law to ensure national defence, national security, public security, public order or economic security,
• Processing of personal data by judicial authorities or execution authorities in relation to an investigation, prosecution, litigation or execution proceedings.
Pursuant to Article #28/2 of the Privacy Act, personal data owners cannot claim the above-mentioned rights, with the exception of the right to claim the damage in the following cases when:
• the processing of personal data is necessary for the prevention of a crime or for criminal investigation,
• the personal data made public by the personal data owner himself is processed,
• the processing of personal data is necessary as authorised by the law, for the execution of supervisory or regulatory duties and for disciplinary investigation or prosecution by authorized public institutions and organizations and public professional organizations,
• the protection of the economic and financial interests of the government is necessary with regard to budget, tax and financial matters.
Individuals may submit their requests regarding the use of such rights, by filling out and signing the Privacy Act Application Form and sending to Ages Tekstil through the channels mentioned in the form. In order for a person other than the personal data owner to make a request, there must be a special power of attorney issued by the personal data owner on behalf of the person who will apply. Ages Tekstil will review the requests and make a conclusion about them within 30 (thirty) days. Ages Tekstil reserves the right to charge a fee based on the fee tariff (if any) determined by the Personal Data Protection Board.
Ages Tekstil may request information from the person in question, in order to verify whether the applicant is the owner of personal data, and may ask questions about the application of the personal data owner in order to clarify the issues mentioned in the application.